Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Series: Favorite Fall Children's Books

Here are my Top 5 books about Fall to read with your littles! 


Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert. This is a great book about the life of a tree. The illustrations are amazing. 


 

Fall Leaves Fall! By Zoe Hall. One of my favorites!! About two brothers playing in the leaves in the Fall time. Perfect to read after a day playing outside in the leaves.




Countdown to Fall by Fran Hawk. This is the perfect mixture of reading and looking at pictures. Countdown to fall from 10 and learn about different kinds of trees.




Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson. Fantastic illustrations and a great book for the preschool age about a mouse who experiences Fall for the first time. This is a great book in a series of "Mouse's Firsts".




There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro! This is a great addition to the "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" series. Just a funny, silly book to read. Older children will find it very funny.




Applesauce Season by Eden Ross Lipson. A story about a boys family who likes to make applesauce every year from apples at the farmers market. I make applesauce and various apple recipes every October from apples we pick at an apple orchard. I love to read this the night before we go. 



What about you? Do you have any favorite books about Fall that you love to read with your children? Please leave it in the comments below, I am always looking for new titles to add to our library!



 

20 comments:

  1. Hi, we are on our way to a weekly library Toddler Time where the focus this month is Fall. I will have to look for these books. My daughter loves her applesauce. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for some of these books to read to my grand children Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great choices! Thanks so much for joining our Countdown to Fall link party! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love for you to share this post and any other Fall related post you have, at this week's It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought about reading "Fall" books to my little guy, but this is a great idea! We're going to have to try to find these at the library. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck hope you can find some of them! We love to read books according to the seasons

      Delete
  6. This is a great list! I love children's books, and while my boys have all moved on to chapter books, my toddler is getting old enough to enjoy trips to the library, so I need to search for these titles. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you'll share this link at Mar's Linky Party where I'm co-hosting this week:
    http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/09/momma-mars-activity-corner-linky-party.html.
    It's all about children-centered posts like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My nieces love 'The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.' I'm sure they'd be delighted by the fall version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they liked the fly one I'm sure they will like the Fall one. They are all so funny

      Delete
  8. What a great collection! I'll have to check a few of these out! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely selection of books.

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday showcase

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great selection! I think the "Mouse's First Fall" would be a cute one to read with the kids. Found your post at the Do Something Crafty Linky party, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've started bringing books about autumn home from the library :) I love this time of year.

    We'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selection! I will have to look into those for my little guy! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...