Tuesday, October 2, 2012

C2H: My Favorite Halloween Kids Books

Today's "Countdown 2 Halloween" post is a list of my favorite Halloween books!! These are all books I enjoyed reading around Halloween when I was a little girl and I can't wait to carry on the tradition with my daughter starting this year. 


"Clifford's First Halloween" by Norman Bridwell

I loved the Clifford books as a kid! And this is a great one about the first Halloween Clifford experiences.



"The Berenstain Bears and the Ghost of the Forest" by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Who didn't love these books? I loved them all and enjoy reading them to my daughter. This one is a little scary but funny because Papa Bear tries to play a trick on the kids while camping by scaring them and ends up scaring himself. 





"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" by Charles M. Schultz

This is my must read the night before Halloween. I love this book and I love the movie. My husband and I both have fond memories of Charlie Brown and Snoopy around the holidays growing up and we can't wait to pass this tradition on to Jada.





"The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything" by Linda Williams

0nce upon a time, there was a little old lady who was not afraid of anything! But one autumn night, while walking in the woods, the little old lady heard . . . CLOMP, CLOMP, SHAKE, SHAKE, CLAP, CLAP. And the little old lady who was not afraid of anything had the scare of her life!




"It's Halloween" by Jack Prelutsky

I remember the librarian at my elementary school reading this book to us on Halloween day. This books is full of poems about Halloween and the illustrations are fabulous.






2 comments:

  1. My new favorite is Ten Timid Ghosts. Just got it this week from a Scholastic book order. Great round up! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to find out more? I'd care to find out more details.

    http://193.251.187.181/groups/informationactive/wiki/ebd4b/penis_enlargement_television_ads.html

    http://rolandpajor.neobase.hu/tartalom/circumcised-penis-sizespup-penis-size-informationpenis-enlargement-scripture-go-overpe��sco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...