Thursday, October 11, 2012

How to Clean Your Hairbrushes

For the past month or so I have had a problem with my hair getting oily. I went to get a haircut and was talking to my beautician about it and she asked me how often I wash my hairbrushes. I honestly had never even thought of washing my brushes and didn't even know the best way to do it. So she explained the best way to clean them. I went home and did it that night and have noticed a significant difference in my hair! Can't believe I was brushing with oily hairbrushes and didn't even realize it. So I thought I would show you how I washed them! And if you have any tips or tricks for keeping your brushes clean please leave them in the comments below!


You will need:
  • Your hairbrushes or combs of course
  • A cheap baby bottle brush. I got mine at the dollar tree.
  • Dish washing liquid. My beautician said blue dawn is the best but I didn't have any of that so I just used what I had.

Here's what you do:
  1. Clean all the hair out of your brushes or combs. 
  2. Fill a clean sink with hot, soapy water.
  3. Let the brushes and combs soak for a few minutes.
  4. After they have soaked, scrub them with the baby bottle brush.
  5. Rinse them completely.
  6. Lay on a towel to dry.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...