Friday, March 19, 2010

Cheesy Shrimp Pasta

One of my all time favorite dishes is Shrimp Pasta from Red Lobster. And I had a craving for it tonight. So I tried to re-create it as close as possible but a little healthier. I used these ingredients to make 1 serving:

3oz Shrimp, pre-cooked without tails
1oz Healthy Harvest whole grain spaghetti
10oz bag of frozen steamfresh broccoli florets
1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese
1 tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese
.25 cup Italian Shredded Cheese

To assemble: I cooked the steamfresh broccoli in the microwave. Then I boiled water on the stove. I added the spaghetti to the boiling water. The last 5 minutes of the spaghetti cooking time, I added the shrimp to the pot. When it as done, I drained the spaghetti and shrimp. I put the spaghetti, shrimp, broccoli, laughing cow cheese and cream cheese in an oven safe bowl. Mixed it together until the cheese melted. Then I sprinkled the shredded cheese on top. I put the bowl in the oven and heated it until the cheese as melted and the whole dish was piping hot!!

It was delicious! I was very satisfied!!!! The whole bowl came to 412 calories!!!

In comparison an order of Shrimp Linguini from Red Lobster is 1100 calories! (Per the R.L. website) WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...