Sunday, March 28, 2010

Strawberry French Toast

Nothing better on a Sunday Morning than French Toast. I was feeling creative today so I decided to try and make my own syrup! It was so easy to do and turned out yummy.

To make the strawberry syrup, I put about 1 1/2 cups of water in a pot. I added 4 packs of Splenda and 6 large strawberries. I turned the stove on high and let it boil away. In about 20 minutes it was syrupy with just a few small chunks of strawberries left so I took it off the stove, put it in a bowl, and set it in the fridge to cool while I fixed the french toast.

To make the french toast I added 3 egg whites, a dash of skim milk, and a dash of cinnamon in a bowl and stirred it up. I took half of a sandwich thin, dipped it in the egg mixture, and cooked it in no calorie spray in a skillet. When it was done, I cooked the other half.

To assemble the dish I put the french toast on the bottom, coated it with half the syrup, added a ton of Cool Whip Free, the rest of the syrup, and 3 sliced strawberries to the top.

Delicious!!

This version has only 275 calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...