Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Comfort Lunch

Today was so cold and snowy outside. I came home from work early because of the icy roads and worked from home today. So I was in a comfort food mood for lunch! I made a huge crock pot of chili on Sunday to eat throughout the week this week so I heated up a big bowl of eat. I ate it on Natures Own Thin 100 calorie bread with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. It really hit the spot. I love chili and make it a lot. Seems I never make it the same way twice. Here's the way I made it this time:

1 chopped white onion
1 pound ground turkey breast
15 oz can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
28 oz can diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
chili powder, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

I browned the ground turkey then added all the ingredients except for the chicken stock in a crockpot. Then I added the stock, just enough to cover all the ingredients, about 3 cups. Added the seasonings and tasted until I like it. Then I cooked it on low in the crock pot for 8 hours. One cup of chili is around 150 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...