Sunday, February 7, 2010

Temptations...


Just like on the Biggest Loser, this weekend has been 2 days of temptations. I had a crazy schedule. Friday a baby shower and a movie, then Saturday, Olive Garden with my niece and another movie for her birthday. A year ago this would have meant finger foods, cake, ice cream, buttery popcorn, bread sticks, cheese, pasta, and probably more popcorn. It literally makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it!

This was my first big test and I'm happy to say I passed with flying colors. I didn't eat anything at the baby shower or the movies. I researched the Olive Garden menu like crazy before we went. I discovered you can order your own salad with fat free Italian dressing and they have a whole selection of what they call "Garden Fare" entrees that are more healthy. I chose the "Venetian Apricot Chicken" which consists of grilled chicken with apricot sauce, broccoli, tomatoes, and asparagus. The chicken and broccoli was very good. I loved the apricot sauce. The tomatoes and asparagus were not good. I think next time I will order this again with all broccoli. The whole thing was 280 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 32 carbs. It was very good and it looked exactly like the picture above.

I was a little worried getting on the scale this morning. My schedule has been really off this weekend due to so many things going on. I stayed up really late Friday night, and I ate at all weird times yesterday. I ended up walking 5 miles last night before I went to bed just in case. I was very excited when I got on the scale this morning and I had lost another pound! My weight has decreased every single day this week, that has never happened before so it's exciting! I think it means I am doing something right.

Today is Sunday so it is rest day. I will stay on my eating schedule but no exercise. I hope all this pays off tomorrow night at the weigh in.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...