Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tips for Weigh In


Did you know according to 24hourfitness.com, your weight can fluctuate 5-10 pounds in any given 24 hours? The best time of day to weigh is right when you wake up. I weigh every morning as soon as I get up. According to my digital scale at home, for the week of 2/1-2/8, I lost 5.5lbs. So I went to the weigh in Monday night 2/8 confident that I would get a good number. Stepped on the scale, according to it I had only lost 2 pounds that week! I was very frustrating. Weighing in a night is not very accurate because your weight can fluctuate so much based on what you eat and your activity level that day as well as the day before. Here are some tips I have found to help with a weigh in:


  • Reduce sodium intake the day before, sodiums makes the body retain water

  • Limit weight training the day of weigh in. Weight training causes muscles to swell and retain water

  • Limit water and liquid food intake on the day of a weigh in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...